Friday, January 17, 2014

2014.

wit + delight

I've always been a big proponent of the clean slate/fresh start. 

Despite the bad rap Monday gets, I've always found it so wonderful that every seven days, we get a chance to start over, and to do better. 

It should come as no surprise that I love January. The whole year is ahead of me, and anything seems possible. For years I spent January coming up with insanely lofty goals that seemed, in the haze of the new year, to be completely reasonable. I was a little drunk on the idea that this year was going to be the year. Come February, I'd lost some of my zest. My ambitious goals seemed impossible, and by May I'd all but given up on them. 

The last few years, I have taken a new approach. This approach, while not as exciting, is much gentler. My resolutions have become smaller, and I am happy to just be making any forward progress. 

So in that vein, I am moving forward on what has been a goal for the last few years. I am starting a blog. As someone who has always understood myself best through writing, I wanted a place to share what inspires me and brings me joy, where I struggle, and to document the small things that are so easy to forget. I have found it so incredible that even when big things are so incredibly hard, something as small as watching the cream spread through my coffee can bring me a small bit of joy. This is my little corner to share my cozy delights. 

No comments:

Post a Comment